Here I am, 8 weeks after 8WW! Crazy to think that 16 weeks have gone by since I started the journey at KCHWC. That’s more than a quarter of 2012!
I received my new wellness report a few weeks ago that showed progress with the program.
- My Cholesterol/HDL Ratio improved from 3.89:1 to 3.27:1
- My intracellular water improved a little bit, but keeping hydrated will continue to be an important priority for me.
- My Health Satisfaction Survey improved dramatically. I felt better having workouts planned and healthy meals already scheduled from the moment I left the grocery store.
- My Phase Angle from the BIA test improved from 6.2 to 6.4
- Overall my Wellness score improved from 89 a B+ to 91, an A-.
- In the Wellness category of General Health, I went from 69, a D+ to 81, a B-
I have continued going to KCHWC to work out in the gym with Cassie one time each week. While technically there are ski areas that have opened, once the real ski season starts, I’m excited to see how my time in the gym pays off on the slopes. It’s been awhile since I had a regular gym routine!
That bum knee of mine is feeling pretty good now, allowing me to put full weight on it, without feeling like I’m standing lopsided. I attribute these changes to better stretching, regular adjustments, and strengthening it during our workouts.
Besides the changes I made for diet, exercise and chiropractic, I’ve prioritized one activity that gives me huge personal satisfaction. I’ve started reading nearly every evening again. While schedules get busy, it’s one rewarding thing that usually has nothing to do with work or my busy day. I relax to a story, and it is kind of my own meditation. I’ve probably finished six or more books in the past 16 weeks when I decided to put my health and happiness as a priority!
I still have some room for improvements, but very happy with the lifestyle and fitness changes I’ve started!