It’s a Monday, which means it’s back to work for most working Americans. Whether it’s stress from work obligations, demands at home, bills that keep piling, long commutes, or from a lack of sleep, it adds up, and not only affects your mind, but also your body. When you are stressed your body physically responds, to try to deal with the stress.
Adverse Effects of Stress and Your Health
- Secretion of stress-related hormones
- Reduced blood flow to internal organs
- Slowed digestion
- Elevated blood sugar levels
- Increased blood glucose in blood stream
- Increased cholesterol levels
- Increased blood pressure
Therefore it is important to manage and deal with stress.
The 8 Weeks to Wellness program incorporates meditation into your wellness lifestyle.
How Meditation improves your Wellness
- Reduces the number of negative thoughts
- Quiets our minds from thoughts that stress us most
- Allows you to focus on things that make you happy
- Controls fears and anxieties
- Reduce cravings
- Strengthen your self-awareness
- Improve your ability to handle stressful events
Learn more about meditation by reading pages 37-41 of your 8 Weeks to Wellness Program Manual.
Want to get inspired and make meditation part of your daily wellness routine? We found that the Chopra Center Meditation has free 21 day meditation experiences that will help keep you disciplined, and your mind clear, to handle each stressful day with greater ease of mind.