Congrats Sara on completing 8 weeks to wellness. It’s always rewarding to hear about patient’s wins and experiences with the program.
The key to more than one participants’ success with 8WW is accountability. It takes accountability to change your lifestyle. Recent 8WW grad Doug shares his wins after completing our 8 weeks to wellness program. Congrats Doug!
Congrats Sheri on completing 8 weeks to wellness! It was a pleasure to be part of your journey through nutrition, exercise, and stretching to help you reach your wellness goals!
Need motivation with your health and wellness goals?
Want to shed that winter weight and head into summer feeling strong and confident?
Join us for our 2nd annual 8WW Challenge starting April 2nd, 2018!!!
- Work with your team to reach your goals
- Hold each other accountable
- Improve your overall health
- Lose weight and inches
- Become a better version of yourself
For more information or to schedule your 8WW initial
exam please call us at 303-790-6000.
It is with pleasure and gratitude that I share my comments on my experience with 8 Weeks to Wellness. After turning 50, I found it increasingly difficult to lose weight and everything I tried just wouldn’t work. I felt aches, pains, and fatigues more than I ever had in my life. I was lost and felt there was no hope. But, after coming to Dr. Kambeitz with my son one day, I discovered this miracle program that changed my life. I saw a light at the end of the tunnel and decided I needed to put my own health and wellbeing at the top of my priorities.
My experience was incredible. The program is the best program out there because it incorporates the mind, body, and soul. You are taught how to eat correctly, make good choices to change your bad habits, and take care of YOU as a whole. Dr. Kambeitz and his staff are unbelievable. They support you in every way. You get adjustments, myothereapy, and laser treatments twice a week along with a 1-hour massage every 4 weeks. All my aches and pains diminished within a few weeks and I felt better than I had in years. The program also gives you two days a week of personal training so you learn the proper form and increase your strength and endurance. The trainers are knowledgeable and highly educated and do a great job of keeping you safe, yet push you to your full potential.
The program also requires you to log your food, sleep and water intake. Which is so important in your individual success. You also reflect and meditate which has been huge for me being that I am always going 100 miles an hour. It makes you stop, look, and listen. Meditation was hard at fist but it walks you through how to do it and now has become part of my daily routine. The Metagenics shakes and protein bars are wonderful and help to keep me satisfied and stop any cravings I get (Bonus! They taste delicious). I highly recommend the Ultra Calm chocolate coconut bars aka Almond Joys!
I can’t tell you enough how life-changing this program has been for me! If you are ready to commit and make a change, this is the program for you. It will not only help you look and feel 10 years younger, but it will fulfill every other need you have to come the healthiest you’ve ever felt. Dr. Kambeitz and his staff do a tremendous job in supporting you in every aspect and truly want you to succeed. They are unlike any other group of people that promote a product: they care and they give you 100% of what you pay for in this program. On a scale from 1-10 I would give them a 20 in customer satisfaction! I love it so much that I have continued to do the program in a second phase. I went from a wellness score of an F to a B in 8 weeks and now I am going for an A+. I am confident they will help me get there. Thank you, Kambeitz Chiropractic Health and Wellness Center! I am so glad I discovered you!
Mom/CEO of Mayhem
We are excited to have kicked off our very first 8WW Team Challenge at Kambeitz Chiropractic Health and Wellness Center. We have two teams competing to lose the most weight and increase their team’s average wellness score.
Our teams are:
Total weight:1778.1 lbs
Average Wellness Score: 72.4
- Monica (Team Leader)
Average Wellness Score: 72
- Jim (Team Leader)
The participants of each team will complete the 8 weeks to wellness program which consists of:
- Weekly workouts with our on-site personal trainers
- Conforming to the 8WW meal plans which concentrates on proper nutrition with the correct balance of healthy proteins, fats, and low-glycemic carbohydrates. Each participant will journal what they eat for their three meals and two shakes per day, building better eating habits and meal planning. The journals are reviewed during nutritional consults with the doctors, to discuss questions about the diet and how to adjust diets for participants to reach their wellness goals.
- Chiropractic adjustments, massages, and AIS sessions to help their body function properly, recover from the stresses of working out, prevent injuries, and in the end feel better.
- Practicing meditation, a practice that helps participants release emotional stress, and maintain mental clarity.
The challenge is unique because there are three team workouts to get out of the gym and exercise outside. These events will be at Red Rocks, the Manitou Springs incline, and an obstacle course workout at a local park.
The challenge participants will go through the same wellness evaluations of other 8 weeks to wellness participants. This includes a wellness examination that includes pre and post-program bloodwork, BMI calculation, body fat percentage calculation, posture number, core strength and flexibility evaluation, to determine their Wellness Score. Learn more about the Wellness Score here.
The team challenge will ignite the competitors in each of us to lose weight, improve individual wellness scores, and to have fun while becoming healthier.
Be sure to follow our 8WW Challenge – follow us @kambeitzchiro on Facebook, Instagram, or Twitter our search for our conversation hashtag #kc8wwchallenge
It is getting to the point in the US that we all need a sickness care doctor, i.e. your primary care doctor, and a wellness care doctor, i.e. US! And the more you go to the wellness care doctor the less you’ll need the sickness care doctor. So how do we, as your wellness doctors, measure your wellness. You can’t simply say it’s when you feel good because we all know someone who felt fine one day and dropped dead the next of a heart attack; or the women who felt fine today but was diagnosed with breast cancer the next. Lack of symptoms or feeling good is no way to measure wellness!
We measure wellness by what we call your WELLNESS SCORE. This is a scoring system that was developed and can track and measure your physiology and function. It actually gives you a grade, A thru F. We measure what we call biomarkers of health. When we do a wellness score on you we look at numerous biomarkers of health. On the back of this article is a sample wellness score and below is a description some of the biomarkers we measure.
BODY MASS INDEX: It’s a height and weight chart. Yours needs to be below 30 and if it isn’t you have exponentially increased your risk factor for the 3 biggest killers of Americans, heart disease, cancer and obesity related conditions such as diabetes.
POSTURE NUMBER: You live your life thru your nervous system and your posture tell us exactly what it going on with your spine and nerve system. We take a digital photo and you from the front and side. A picture is worth a 1000 words.
CORE STRENGTH AND FLEXIBILITY: We’ll measure 8 different ways to test your strength and flexibility of your core muscles. We sit too much and it’s taking its toll on our bodies.
BODY FAT %: The single best determiner of how well we age is how fat we get. Even if the scale isn’t changing, often our body composition is changing. And since one pound of muscle burns 3 times as many calories as one pound of fat, yet takes up half the space on your body, knowing your percentage of body fat is crucial to knowing how WELL you are.
In the 8ww program we also have the patient do a comprehensive blood panel to check Triglycerides, Cholesterol, C-Reactive Protein, fasting glucose, HbA1c levels, Homocysteine levels, Insulin levels and vitamin D levels.
All of these factors are incorporated into the wellness score.
Interested in participating in the next installment of 8 weeks to wellness at Kambeitz Chiropractic? Click here to learn more and inquire!
The best of the Colorado golf season is just around the corner. If you’re looking at ways to improve your game, join us for a special presentation on Monday March 13th to learn how our 8 Weeks to Wellness program can help you reach your maximum golf potential.
- Our exercise specialists will gear your workouts specifically toward strengthening your golf swing and creating more power for your long game.
- Massage therapy and Active Isolated Stretching and Strengthening will help keep your muscles working efficiently, improve flexibility and prevent soreness while playing.
- Chiropractic care will create better mobility in your joints which will help you with a smoother more fluid swing.
- The nutritional aspect of the program will help to ensure that you are choosing the proper foods and fluids to maintain energy levels and stamina throughout your golf season.
Our comprehensive 8WW for golfers program includes exercise and nutritional guidance, chiropractic, massage, stretching, meditation and much more. The program is geared specifically toward maximizing your full golf potential. Please join us for our 8 Weeks to Wellness presentation to learn more about how we can help you improve not only your golf game, but your overall health and wellness.
For more information visit us www.kambeitzchiropractic.com or call to schedule your initial exam today at 303-790-6000.
Date: Monday, March 13th, 2017
Time: 6:30-7:30 PM
Location: Kambeitz Chiropractic
7100 S. Clinton St. Ste. 110,
Centennial, CO 80112
Interested in attending? Light refreshments will be provided. Please RSVP at 303-790-6000.
Our diet and lifestyles are affecting our health, and longevity. You can prevent disease and change your future with the 8 Weeks to Wellness program. It’s not a diet, it’s a change of lifestyle, with a team there to help you along the way. Ask us about 8WW!
Here are some stats from the video to read over again…
- Did you know the average American now lives 78.7 years, but can only expect to live 68.2 of those years without the burden of a disability?
- Of the 17 highest income countries in the world, the United States ranks last for men at 76 years and second to last for women at 81 years in Life Expectancy.
- The US makes up 4.4% of the world’s population and yet consumers over 50% of all the prescribed medications in the world.
- The National Institute of Health predicts that over the next few decades, life expectancy could decline by as much as 5 years. This would be the first decline in modern history.
- In 1971, President Nixon declared “War on Cancer” and since billions have been invested in cancer research. Yet the death rate for cancer in the US has actually increased by 74% since then.
- Approximately 7% of the population has Diabetes and a Diabetic can expect to pay $13,243/yr for expenditure related to their disease.
- People who exercise 30 minutes a day lower their chances of developing type-2 Diabetes by 58%.
What are you waiting for? Ask about your next wellness talk to learn about 8WW at Kambeitz Chiropractic Health and Wellness Center. Call us at 303-790-6000
Congrats John on completing 8 Weeks to Wellness! It’s true, the eight weeks creates a healthy lifestyle, not just complying to a fad diet.