The holiday season is upon us! Here are a few tips to beat the stress.
1) Plan Ahead. Life can get pretty crazy. How much better would you feel if you took a small amount of time each day to plan the next day or two? Having a schedule will help you prioritize activities and you won’t miss out on those important tasks each day.
2) Time Out. Even parents need a time out once in a while. This is a great time for reflection, meditation or deep breathing. Put yourself in time out every couple days and see how much better you feel!
3) Eat Slowly. When we see a counter full of delicious food we fill our plate wanting to try a “little” of everything. Then we eat like we are in the Army, rushing through our food so we don’t miss out on desert. In the end we are stuffed, in pain and unable move. Eating slowly allows our stomach time to digest the food and allows our brain to recognize when we are full.
4) Take Care. This time of the year is busy. The stronger more resilient your body is the better you can fight off colds and recover from physical demands. Make sure you keep to your workout, adjusting and massage schedules.
Here are our Thanksgiving week 2015 hours!
Monday 7:45 AM – 5:45 PM
Tuesday 7:45 AM – 5:45 PM
Wednesday 7:45 AM – 5:45 PM
Friday 7:45 AM – 12:00 PM
Learn how the coconut tree provides all-around benefits — from its husks and roots to coconut oil — through our infographic “Plant of Life: An Infographic on Various Coconut Uses.” Use the embed code to share it on your website.
Detox your body
Every day we are exposed to toxic chemicals. Whether it is from the gas fumes we breathe, the pesticides in the food we eat or the tap water we drink. A study recognized 287 different chemicals found in the human body! This list includes gasoline, bisphenol A, lead and mercury. It’s no wonder we are so unhealthy as a nation. Take control of your health and help your body rid itself of these toxic chemicals. Now it can be done in as little as 10 days.
Do you want more energy, more mental clarity? Do you want to sleep better and have less muscles aches? Do you have fibromyalgia or chronic fatigue syndrome? If so, this 10 day detox program is for you!
To learn more and to get answers to all your questions please attend our presentation on Wednesday, February 18th at 6:00 PM. Our Metagenics rep, Mike Day, will be discussing the benefits and science behind this detox program. A $20 deposit will be collected to hold your seat and will then be applied to your program.
See you there!!
March came in like a Lion with a heavy, wet snow storm. It looks like March will go out like a Lamb with beautiful, warm and sunny weather. That means it is time for Spring cleaning and yard work. Here are some helpful tips to a safe and injury free Spring!
- Stay hydrated. Drinking half your body weight in ounces of water helps every process in your body work better, including your muscles and joints.
- Bend with your knees. When lifting bags of soil or other heavy objects keeping your back straight and bending with your knees will reduce the chances of injury to your low back. Keep this in mind even when lifting light objects!
- Avoid repetition. I bet you rake leaves with the same motion every time. Try mixing it up. Over use repetitive actions can lead to injury. Picture a wire coat hanger. If you bend it enough times it will break!
- Take a break. Many people will not stop until every last flower bed is clean. Relax and have a glass of water. Stop to admire the work you have done along the way. Those leaves and pine needles will still be there when you are done drinking your water.
- Warm up. Getting your blood flowing will prepare your muscles and joints for activity. Try some jumping jacks or burpees!
- Visit Kambeitz Chiropractic Health and Wellness Center. Making sure your spine and muscles are healthy enough to work outside is the first step. If there is undetected restriction in your spine, unresolved muscle tension and tightness and if you are deconditioned, your chances of injury are much greater.