We don’t want our patients and friends to miss out. This is a free event, click on the link to RSVP!
We’re pleased to offer yoga three days a week at the gym at Kambeitz Chiropractic Health and Wellness Center PC. Our yoga instructor, and massage therapist, Michelle Gorny explained some of the benefits of yoga for those who are interested in yoga for health and wellness.
- Prevents cartilage and joint breakdown by taking your joints through their full range of motion, even into areas that aren’t used in daily activities. This keeps the joint capsule and cartilage healthy and wards off degeneration.
- Nourishes your spine through the use of backbends, forward bends, and twists. Disks get their nutrients through these types of movements to stay supple.
- Builds bone mass. It’s pretty common knowledge that poses like downward dog and upward dog help protect against osteoporosis. But did you know that yoga’s ability to lower stress also lowers your levels of cortisol, which can help keep calcium in your bones?
- Regulates blood pressure. Just by simply watching your breath, you blood pressure drops.
- Increases your attention span. Yoga trains your brain with the focus shifted to the sensations you’re feeling in the poses, enhancing your ability to focus outside of class.
- Decreases built-up tension in limbs. Ever notice how hard you’re gripping the steering wheel, or clenching your jaw for no apparent reason? Practicing yoga brings your awareness to these areas of held tension and allows them to melt.
- Room to breathe. The breathing techniques taught in yoga help you fully engage your lungs. This allows you to breath in more air, with fewer breath cycles, making your lungs more efficient in delivering oxygen to your tissues.
- Soothes IBS and other digestive problems. The calming effects of yoga allow the body to focus on digesting your food.
- Boosts inner strength. Yoga philosophy includes building the resilience to overcome old habits by trying new things. This branch is called ‘tapas,’ Sanskrit for ‘heat.’ Think of it as lighting a fire under your tush to get up and do something!
- Encourages self care. We are used to the passive care we experience through conventional medicine. Practicing yoga requires you get involved in caring for your own body. No one is going to hold your body in the poses for you! You begin to make the connection that your commitment to moving makes you feel better. You are able to take a huge part in healing your body.
Our yoga classes are 1-2pm every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Our classes are non intimidating and welcome never-ever, beginner, and experienced yogis.
We have touted Kambeitz Chiropractic as your one stop shop for health and wellness. Well now you can come experience all that yoga has to offer as we have added it back into our list of services. Our yoga instructor is none other than our very own Michele Gorny. Besides being a great massage therapist she also brings 15 years of yoga instruction to the mat. So bring your own yoga mat or use one of ours and enjoy the benefits of yoga.
Sessions are from 1:00 pm to 2:00 pm every Monday, Wednesday and Friday. Each session is only $20.
We all handle stress differently throughout our daily lives. It’s important to understand how stress affects each of us and what we can do to manage it better so that it doesn’t overcome us. There are various types of stress and we will discuss each of them and some highly effective strategies to cope with stress. Not only are we going to learn about stress management and what it does to us, but we are going to practice it. We will have at least one massage therapist at this meeting performing free chair massage for any who need some extra attention. Healthy snacks will be provided. If you have a yoga mat, please bring it.
We are going to practice guided meditation along with some yoga. If you don’t have a yoga mat, not to worry, please come and join us anyway. I will have several yoga mats that you can use.
Who: Patients, friends, and family members of existing patients, and anyone looking to get healthy in 2016!
What: Learn about stress in Dr Ryan’s presentation, and how to manage stress through massage, guided meditation and yoga.
When: Wednesday, January 27, 2016 from to
Where: Kambeitz Chiropractic Health and Wellness Center P.C. at 7100 S. Clinton St., Suite 110, Englewood, CO
Why: We all have stress, so we might as well learn how to manage it in a healthy productive way!
Please RSVP on our meetup.com event page.
A patient told me, “trying something new can be intimidating.” Our yoga classes are designed around just that thought process.
You don’t have to be flexible to practice yoga. You don’t have to have great balance to practice yoga. You don’t have to sit with your legs crossed and say “Ummmm” to practice yoga.
People practice yoga to become flexible, to gain better balance and become more calm.
- Yoga has been shown to:
- Complement your adjustments
- Stretch your tight muscles
- Strengthen your weak muscles
- Improve your balance and posture
- Relieve stress
We have weekly Thursday classes from 8:15 AM to 9:15 AM. Each class is only $20! Please call ahead to schedule to join us. Also keep an eye for Saturday classes when the clinic is open.
Join us for an evening of wellness and networking. The services at our clinic have expanded in the past year, and we want to share them with you. Visit our gym, talk about proper nutrition, find the functionally weak areas of your body, and learn how to make them stronger, get an intro to yoga, and enjoy a chair massage. Oh, and there will be refreshments too!
We would love to have you join us. Please RSVP by calling the clinic at 303-790-6000 by Friday November 15th.
As we embark on our first Yoga 101 series – a four week program, at our clinic’s gym, we wanted to share some of the wellness benefits of yoga.
This helpful infographic from the Huffington Post shows the benefits of yoga after your first class, after months of yoga, and through years of practicing yoga. So whether you’re looking to stretch out some painful spots, or want to calm anxiety, or improve your long term wellness, yoga can play a positive roll in your health without a prescription.
Yoga 101 – A Four Week Introductory Series with Sharyn
Could you benefit from better sleep, increased concentration, improved balance and strength, or heightened athletic performance? If so, yoga is for you! Perfect for the beginner & the regular practitioner alike, this series focuses on alignment & intentional movement in a lighthearted environment.
Each class includes:
- Handout detailing posture of the week & wellness tip
- Discussion on class theme
- 5 minute guided meditation/relaxation technique
- 80-minute slow paced Vinyasa Flow
Over the month you will learn:
- Week 1: Get Grounded – Body Awareness & Spinal Health.
- Week 2: Access Your Center – Core Strengthening & Balance
- Week 3: Twist and Unwind – Detoxify the Body & Mind
- Week 4: Turn Upside-Down – Inversions & Home Practice
This first Yoga 101 course is scheduled for Saturdays from 9:15-10:45am. The dates are 11/2/2013, 11/9/2013, 11/16/2013, and 11/23/2013. The cost is $95 for the whole course.
Want to join us? We’ll save room for you and your mat. Give us a call at 303-790-6000.